Tuesday, April 29, 2008

How I do the Shangri La Diet

I started with one tablespoon of walnut oil, in two ounces of water. I'd put it on the bathroom counter and when I got up in the middle of the night, I'd drink it down. I did that for a week, did not notice much of a change.

Then I moved up to two tablespoons and checked to make sure I was using a real tablespoon (got a measuring spoon from my pharmacy). Did that for a week, and started to lose weight.

After a couple-three months the weight loss slowed, so I moved to three tablespoons.

Now, I use three tablespoons of oil every night. I get more than an hour before and after without any flavor and the walnut oil helps my Omega 3 balance, which is good for my heart and brain.

If three had not worked, I'd have moved to four.

I know, the rule is "one day at a time" but I adjust the amount of oil I take one week at a time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great way to approach it. I've lost almost 50 pounds using SLD. I've got 10-15 to go.

You might at some point try Flax Seed Oil. It has a strong flavor, so you need to use noseclips, but FSO has a lot of beneficial side affects. People seem to get best weight loss results from ELOO, but I plan to use FSO for long term maintenance.